Thursday, June 18, 2009

Gentle Wind

Gentle Wind 

Tiny spider, your bones appear so slight 
that my barest breath near you comes 
over you as a hurricane of terror. 
The silk-taut line you tug and twist upon 
is invisible to my eyes, merely a 
suggestion of gossamer scaffold. 

You may now cling so tightly, and I fear 
you will fall instantly and be lost, or 
my breath draws you so close and 
you will grab my hair, burrow 
down my skin, down my back, and be lost. 
So we joust the air, my breath and you. 

Your silent twitching music of a 
one-cord harp bewitches my thoughts 
in this momentary song of emotion: 
I am suddenly in your place. I am 
this little fellow, pendulous to life. 
Dry tears touch my eyelids. I reflect. 

The artist 
blows upon the zephyr breeze of Being, 
and hopes the coming rain 
may not dissolve all. 


(6/18/2009)

No comments: