Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Two Events Next Week (June 2 & June 4)


I'm pleased to announce that I've managed to get two of my new pieces onto concert programs in the coming week:
* Spectrum! at Western Oregon University *
Monday, June 2, 2014 @ 7:30 p.m.
Western Oregon University, Monmouth, OR
Smith Recital Hall
**FREE**
A new instrumental song of mine called Cranes will be performed as part of an all-new program of works by WOU composers. You can preview the song on my SoundCloud stream.
* Western Oregon Symphony previews Citations Musicales (“Musical Quotations”) *
Wednesday, June 4, 2014 @ 7:30 p.m.
Western Oregon University, Monmouth, OR
Rice Auditorium
$3 general / $1 students & seniors (WOU students free w/ ID)
Early 20th-century French composer Erik Satie was an under-appreciated genius in his time. He is best-known for his piano character pieces, such as the early Gymnopedies, and later Sports et Divertissiments. The Western Oregon Symphony will debut a new arrangement by me of three of his piano works. This concert will include a preview of the first movement, based on a manuscript unpublished in Satie's lifetime.
To get updates on my concert schedule you can "Like" me on Facebook, and sign up for my email list.

No comments: